Today's blog features Sarah, who happens to be a college friend of Dawns'! Working with a friend made it easier to determine her style and taste- but it always sets the bar a little higher to make sure we don't disappoint!
Once again, we tip our hats to Ron Soliman for his amazing photographs. He brings such a level of artistry to his work and we are happy to work with him. The Bourne Mansion in NY was the venue, and it's historic architecture gave this wedding a step back in time.
The always-smiling Sarah loves calla lilies, and chose ivory dahlias, scabiosa stellata, and pepperberry with a variety of roses to make up her bouquet. We had such a great time putting this together for a long time friend, and are happy to relive the moment!
The bridesmaids' burgundy calla lilies, coffebreak roses, scabiosa stellata, red pepperberry, and dahlias are a great fit for their wine colored gowns. Having the long bouquet ribbon flows perfectly with the texture of the dresses.
Sarah's Bride Diaries
1. What was your all time favorite moment of your special day?
The decor and all the pretty flowers, oh and marrying the man of my dreams :)
2. We know things don't always go as planned...Were there any entertaining wedding bloopers?
One of my bridesmaids forgot the rings for the ceremony and my husband had to use the Rabbi's ring to get married in! So embarrassing!
3. Any wedding toasts that made you laugh, cry, or gasp?
My Dad's and my sisters both made me cry and laugh. Perfect speeches
4. It's okay to admit it - did you have any Bridezilla moments?
Not really, I guess I did yell at my mom the day of and feel terrible I did that.
5. Did you have a wedding planner? If so, did it make your day run smoother? Was it worth it?
I planned it all myself :)
6. Cake or cupcakes? What was the flavor?
Cake- white chocolate mousse and red velvet
7. We always try to bring your floral dreams to life...did we succeed? In what ways? Is there any room for improvement?
IT WAS PERFECT! Being that Dawn knows me so well, she nailed it. Her and Christine made my wedding day come true. They knew exactly what I wanted and where to put everything. My girls are the best in the business!
8. What song really got the party started?
Our announcement song - Jay Z-Public Service Announcement
9. Who were your vendors?
Catering - Lessing's they are the in house caterers of Bourne Mansion
Bakery - Rolling Pin Bakery - Sayville NY
Dress - Red Carpet Boutique - Millburn NJ
Hair and Makeup - Gillian Moritz - Millburn NJ
Entertainment - Variety Music - Huntington NY
Photographer - Ron Soliman
10. I'm sure your day was amazing, but if you could change one thing about your wedding what would it be? Or would you not change anything at all?
I would not change a thing, even with some of the hiccups it was a perfect day.
Now we sit back and wait for Sarah and Lee to welcome their baby into the world <3 Congrats to you all!