South Jersey’s best kept secret, Pratt Gardens, hosted Laura and Mike’s homey fall wedding. It’s always a pleasure working here, especially with all of their fun props, like these custom doors Laura had made. Peter Pratt now owns them because he loved them so much!
Karen Greene Malos Photography was generous enough to share images from this seasonal fall wedding in South Jersey.
Laura’s Bride Diaries
1. What was your all time favorite moment of your special day?
Our first dance together as husband and wife to “You & Me” by Dave Matthews – it’s a very sentimental song to us.
2. We know things don’t always go as planned…Were there any entertaining wedding bloopers?
Our ministers pages stuck together which caused her to have long pause in her speech so I got nervous and said “I will” during the vows which brought on a good laugh. The funny part is that “I will” was not part of the vows at that time!
3. Any wedding toasts that made you laugh, cry, or gasp?
No toasts but the father/daughter dance was tear jerker though my Dad and I are laughing and smiling as we’d promised we would do.
4. It’s okay to admit it – did you have any Bridezilla moments?
I don’t think so – maybe we should ask bridesmaids?
5. Did you have a wedding planner? If so, did it make your day run smoother? Was it worth it?
We planned everything ourselves and all went well for most part thanks to our super helpful bridal party. In hindsight, I would have hired someone.
6. Cake or cupcakes? What was the flavor?
Cupcakes for guests of varying flavors, carrot cake for groom and I.
7. We always try to bring your floral dreams to life…did we succeed? In what ways? Is there any room for improvement?
Our flowers were gorgeous and exactly what I wanted. Colorful and rustic. Mary set up and did fabulous job. She helped decorate areas that I had forgotten would need more (i.e. dresser for favors, table with windowpane seating chart and water fountain). The bittersweet on the gazebo and wooden doors were perfect. No room for improvement – perfect. I really loved getting personal note from Mary too congratulating us on our special day.
8. What song really got the party started?
Our band, The Untouchables, were absolutely amazing and had people dancing all night long right from the start so no one song was needed, though we had a great congo line.
9. Who were your vendors?
Catering – Appleton’s – great! so professional, took care of all the details and the beef brisket was delicious!
Bakery – Appleton’s
Dress – Irini’s Originals in Wilmington, DE
Hair and Makeup – Salon Nicole
Entertainment – The Untouchables – so, so good! We got so many complements on the band (and flowers)
Karen Malos, our photographer/good friend. Devoted herself to the entire wedding and took photos of all the details. She is branching out into wedding work
10. I’m sure your day was amazing, but if you could change one thing about your wedding what would it be? Or would you not change anything at all?
The chalk for our favors, mugs with chalkboard label, was not put out : ( It was in the drawer of the dresser that the mugs were out on – go figure! The only other thing was I wish it hadn’t rained during cocktail hour and our pictures, but hopefully it will bring us good luck.
Thank you Peter for inviting us all into your magical backyard garden and to Laura & Mike for being such wonderful clients! Best wishes to you and your family!