How to Create a Memorable Cocktail Hour
I got married about six months ago. After the wedding, I loved hearing the guests' thoughts and memories from the wedding. I was shocked by how many compliments we’ve received on the cocktail hour. I always considered the reception the highlight of weddings, but my guests made me re-evaluate my opinions. I now realize that the cocktail hour sets the tone for the rest of the evening. It is the first impression of the reception. Here are a few tips I’ve picked up from my guests and other brides to make your cocktail hour memorable.
- Consider hosting your cocktail hour in a separate room.
- Choose a room or area with high tables and bar stools. This allows guests to mingle rather than sitting for an hour.
- Serve delicious food. Most likely, your guests are hungry and craving something yummy.
- Consider foods that match your theme.
- Serve fun drinks that coordinate with your theme. For instance, a beach theme might serve a signature drink such sex on the beach or Malibu bay breeze.
- Decorate! The cocktail area is just as important as the reception, so utilize candles and flower arrangements to bring life to the cocktail area.
Below are a few designs by A Garden Party that would be perfect as cocktail hour décor.
This is perfect for a place card table!
Mary and Dawn designed this cocktail table centerpiece for a bridal show at Running Deer. I love the martini glass vase!
Floating candles and orchids are simple but beautiful.
I love the different heights of these candles.
Rose petals and votives are an easy way to dress up the cocktail area.
These cube vases are the perfect size for cocktail tables! Plus, I love the bright colors.
I am obsessed with these spider mums.
This is perfect for a fall wedding.
So I'd love to know, where do you plan on hosting your cocktail hour? How do you plan on decorating the area?
If you are interested in our floral design services in South Jersey, the greater Philadelphia area or Northern Delaware please contact Mary by filling out the form below:[gravityform id=2 name=ContactUs]