Philadelphia Florist: Nicole & Eric at The Philadelphia Power Plant featuring Bride Diaries
Good morning flower lovers! Today's blog is brought to you by Wawa coffee (John brought me a cup at 6 am and after 3 days of no coffee, I feel ALIVE!) Cristina and I are heading to Philadelphia Power Plant next week for The Not Wedding (just as guests this time, my future Sister in law has planning to do!) and I was reminded of Nicole and Eric's wedding that we did there. Loved the loft like space! Nicole sent in her Bride Diaries along with photos from Daniel Bostwick Photography, so please enjoy her story. She was a joy to work for and we thank her for letting us bring some color to her special November day.
Hey there Mayor Nutter!!
Nicole's Bride Diaries
1. What was your all time favorite moment of your special day?
Saying our vows which we wrote ourselves in front of all of our family and friends.
2. We know things don't always go as planned...Were there any entertaining wedding bloopers?
Of course! Everything was later than it should have been, we were scrambling to get the right family members together for pictures, and our shuttle from the hotel almost hit another car. Now we look back on those things and laugh.
3. Any wedding toasts that made you laugh, cry, or gasp?
We had three toasts since the groom's brothers were both best men. being brothers, there were certainly jokes at the grooms expense, but they always circled back to being complimentary and even emotional at the very end. We laughed and cried, in that order.
Of course! Setting up the special place cards that I planned oh so perfectly, arguing with the shuttle driver about the schedule, and freaking out when the grooms mother and stepfather strolled in more than a half hour late.
5. Did you have a wedding planner? If so, did it make your day run smoother? Was it worth it?
YES. Our wedding planner, Erin Levick, was amazing and made things a thousand times easier. I can only imagine how much more stressful it would have been without her by our side. (Side note, Erin was great to work with from our point as well!)
6. Cake or cupcakes? What was the flavor?
Cake! Vanilla pound cake from Stocks, and a special all chocolate cake at the grooms request. We also had a sundae bar.
7. We always try to bring your floral dreams to life...did we succeed? In what ways? Is there any room for improvement?
Absolutely! Our wedding had a lot of DIY elements and a venue which needed lots of decorating. It was difficult to imagine how it would all come together, but A Garden Party's rentals, gorgeous flowers, and decorating savvy made the venue look more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. It was stunning.
8. What song really got the party started?
Since it was a jewish wedding the Horah got everyone on the floor, and most barely sat down after that. Some surprise hits were Macklemore "Can't hold us", Beastie Boys "Intergalactic" and the Cuban Shuffle.
9. Who were your other vendors?
Catering - Diverse Catering in Bensalem, PA.
Bakery - Stocks
Entertainment - No Macarena, Dave Beck
Photography - Daniel Bostwick Photography
Videographer - Andrew Gehman
Officiant- Mayor Michael Nutter
10. I'm sure your day was amazing, but if you could change one thing about your wedding what would it be? Or would you not change anything at all?